Freelance Writer Guide Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi there - I'm "ThatWordChick" Delany, and I'll be your admin!

+3
kaceykazoo
Nanette
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Hi there - I'm "ThatWordChick" Delany, and I'll be your admin! Empty Hi there - I'm "ThatWordChick" Delany, and I'll be your admin!

Post by Admin Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:18 am

Hello everyone -

I started my blog, http://www.FreelanceWriterGuide.com, awhile back to try and help beginning writers make a smooth transition into the world of freelance writing sites. This forum was a natural progression of that original goal, and when MediaPiston shut its doors in February 2013, it became an increasingly important need to have a place where writers could mingle and chat out of the ever-watchful eyes of various sites.

I am hoping that with the ability to speak freely, we can make more progress as a community and grow more quickly as professional writers. I'm really thrilled to have you here and I look forward to getting to know everyone Smile

My name is Delany Martinez. I'm a 30 year old married woman from North Carolina. I've been writing about 10 years now, and product descriptions are my favorite!

Admin
Admin

https://freelancewriterguide.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Hi there - I'm "ThatWordChick" Delany, and I'll be your admin! Empty Re: Hi there - I'm "ThatWordChick" Delany, and I'll be your admin!

Post by Nanette Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:24 pm

Hey, Delany--thanks for setting up the forims (and fixing the reply function Wink

I'm still wandering around getting familiar with things. By the way, I think we need a "Brainstorming" type area. There are so many ideas flying around MP's forums and elsewhere, it would be good to have them in one place and work on making them work.

Do you have the ability to nake some topics open only to registered users or certain people?

Also, should intros be done by clicking to create a new topic, or by replying here?

Onward! Smile

Nanette

Back to top Go down

Hi there - I'm "ThatWordChick" Delany, and I'll be your admin! Empty Re: Hi there - I'm "ThatWordChick" Delany, and I'll be your admin!

Post by kaceykazoo Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:49 pm

Oooooo! I like Nanette's suggestion of a "brainstorming" area!

kaceykazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by MarlaM Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi Delany, Just got registered, thanks for setting this up!

Right now, I'm most interested in where people are finding MP clients going to (Odesk, TB, etc.).

I only had one that favorited me, and several others that 5-starred my articles. If any of them bailed to TB or another writing site, it'd be helpful to know where they went (instead of trying to register on every other writing site out there).

MarlaM

Back to top Go down

Post by JessSwann Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:37 pm

Many of the MP clients are in the Seattle/San Francisco area. Joe originally marketed MP though his affiliations with entrepreneur inbound marketing groups. Many of the same people follow him on Twitter, and he has told them to stop by MP for content -- word just got around.

I'm pretty much doing the same; tracking down where his clients originate from.

JessSwann

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:03 pm

My advice would be to dig through your "completed" section and leave notes on the event walls for every client you've written for. I've done that and I've gotten in touch with two of my favorites list folks - one who slyly slipped me his email address and another who tracked me down on oDesk.

Every comment you leave on an event wall gets sent to the client, so you can be sure it'll reach their inbox off of MP. I wouldn't type out the email, but rather use a bit of subterfuge - "I hope I see you around oDesk sometime, I think my username is ThatWordChick - I used the same name I signed up under gmail with." ...smart clients should put two and two together Wink

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:12 pm

Nanette wrote:Hey, Delany--thanks for setting up the forims (and fixing the reply function Wink

I'm still wandering around getting familiar with things. By the way, I think we need a "Brainstorming" type area. There are so many ideas flying around MP's forums and elsewhere, it would be good to have them in one place and work on making them work.

Do you have the ability to nake some topics open only to registered users or certain people?

Also, should intros be done by clicking to create a new topic, or by replying here?

Onward! Smile

Hi Nanette! I made a new brainstorming "section", you'll see it on the main page now. Intros can be made either way - I'm thrilled to see any activity on the forums, I'm not going to be picky! Smile I will have to see about the restricting-to-users bit - usually these forum things have a place where mods can chat, but I imagine you have something a bit more informal in mind, eh?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinas Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:27 pm

Hi guys! I'm Tina S (aka the other Tina S) from MP. The writer, not the editor. Delaney, thanks for creating this separate forum for all of us to still stay in touch! I'm still bummed that MP is shutting down. I really did love it as a writing/article site.

tinas

Back to top Go down

Post by Bex Tue May 21, 2013 10:47 am

Hi, Folks!

I actually stumbled onto this site as I was Googleing (Googling) for information about Write.com. Thanks for the review! I've been working in the education field for a few years, and I'm hoping to dip my toes into the waters of freelance writing. It seems a bit chilly. Clearly, I'm a newbie because I had no idea what MP was until I read a couple of posts. This is great information, though! Thanks for sharing!

Bex

Bex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down